Willy Tarreau's home page
I've never had any imagination for writing nor for decorating anything. But
I have a few things to expose and what's better than a Web page for that ?
This page isn't beautiful, and what ? If you don't like it and you have better
ideas, please let me know.
What are the main discussion subjects here ?
Now, most of the things below are fairly older. I really need to update the site...
- http://1wt.eu/: home sweet home... most recent updates here !
- haproxy: a High-Availability enabled HTTP/TCP proxy which provides load-balancing and session persistence.
- linux.exosec.net/ some patches I merge and/or maintain.
- http://www.exosec.fr/ : Exosec, my full-time job.
- http://www.exceliance.fr/ : Exceliance delivers appliance-based secure security solutions.
- kmsgdump, a linux kernel crash recovery tool. In
other words, when the kernel crashes, it tries whenever possible to get a
dump of the system messages and to store them onto a floppy diskette, or to
print them on a parallel printer, or even let you consult them on the screen.
- ipchains+, an enhancement to the very good
ipchains firewall configuration tool for linux 2.2. It allows multiple rules
and easier services definition.
- Zprox, a multi-purpose compressing proxy
I've now stopped coding. The current release is 0.3 and it already works
well. Used as a Web proxy, I could reach about 24 kB/s on HTML pages with
a 33600 modem. A small documentation is provided and explains what can be
done with it.
- Webroute, a Web proxy I've stopped
writing. The current release is 1.3.0 and it already works
well. Some bugs have been reported in older releases, but I've corrected
them and it seems to be ok now. I've been sent some patches to adapt it
to some systems, but I haven't had enough time to make a newer release.
- A new audio compression method I've been working
on. At the moment, it's easy to divide the data flow by 10 without losing too much
quality. It's even possible to divide vox by 50-100, but it becomes hard
(very hard) to understand.
- Security under Linux: list of bugs, programs to
test if your system is weak or not, and links to related sites.
write for Linux.
small things that seem unusable at first...
- Sytadin circulation en ile de france
- Build your own 1U servers !!!
- ezrouter: a small filtering router on one floppy disk
- http://www.exosec.fr/index2.htm : Exosec, my full-time job (without the flash intro).